SBI PO is conducted by State Bank of India to recruit Probationary Officers in SBI branches present across the country. The three phases included in SBI PO are Preliminary, Main and Group Discussion & Interview. In the year 2018, SBI PO Prelims exam is expected to be conducted in May 2018, while Main will be held in June 2018 for those who qualify in the Prelims.
The first two phases, i.e., SBI PO Prelims and SBI PO Main shall be conducted in online mode. Those who qualify in both the phases shall appear for Group Discussion and Interview session.
SBI PO Exam Pattern Highlights
The exam pattern for each phase differs from each other. Those who qualify in the Preliminary exam are eligible to sit for SBI PO Main exam. The selected candidates are then called for Group Discussion and Interview rounds. SBI PO Exam Pattern for each phase has been mentioned below briefly.
SBI PO Preliminary Exam Pattern
- SBI PO Prelims will consist of 3 sections to be attempted in 60 minute’s time.
- In the preliminary phase of SBI PO exam, 100 questions of Objective Type will be put up in front of the candidates.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode. Candidates will be displayed 4 options out of which one will have to be selected as correct option.
- 1 mark will be allotted to each question and negative marking of 1/4th marks will be done for every wrongly answered question.
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
SBI PO Main Exam Pattern
- SBI PO Main shall be conducted for those who qualify in the first phase i.e., SBI PO Prelims.
- The exam is subdivided in 2 levels- Objective Test and Descriptive Test.
- The objective test comprises 155 Multiple Choice Questions which must be attempted within 180 minutes.
- The four sections covered under Objective test are- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General Awareness and English Language.
- Descriptive Test is also conducted on the same day in online mode.
- Letter writing and essay type questions are given to be attempted within 30 minutes.
- Marks allotted to Objective Test are 200 marks and Descriptive Test weighs 25 marks.
|Section||Total Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (minutes)|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|Data Analysis & interpretation||35||60||45|
|General Awareness (Economy & Banking)||40||40||35|
|Total||155 Questions||200 Marks||3 hours|
SBI PO Selection Process
The final selection is subjected to candidates’ performance in all the phases of the exam. After SBI PO Main is conducted, a list of qualifying candidates is published on the official website of SBI.
Selected candidates are then called for Group Discussion and Interview stage. Once the GD and Interviews are done with, marks secured by candidates in written test (out of 250 marks) will be converted to out of 75 marks and marks secured in Group Discussion and Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks.
Final merit list will be prepared after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion and Interview out of 100 marks for each category. Candidates from top merit rank in each category will be selected finally for which a list of selected candidates shall be published on SBI’s official website.
Documents Required for Verification Process
Candidates successfully qualifying in all the stages of SBI PO exam shall be called for document verification for final recruitment process at desirable post. Following documents will be required at the time of verification process:
- A copy of printout of Interview Call Letter.
- Proof of Date of Birth (as specified in SSC/class 10 certificate)
- Printout of System generated Online SBI PO Application Form.
- Photo Identity Proof accepted by State Bank of India (Aadhar Card, Driving License, etc.)
- Mark Sheets and Certificates of Graduation or equivalent qualification.
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC category candidates issued by competent authority as designated by Government of India. Candidates falling under creamy layer or their name not appearing in the Central List of OBCs can apply under General category only.
- Disability certificate issued by the District Medical Board in case of persons with disability.
- Ex-Servicemen are required to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book besides pension payment order and documentary proof of rank previously / currently held at the time of interview.
- Certificate of Experience
- Citizens/Subjects of other countries except India /PIOs are required to submit a certificate of eligibility issued by Government of India.
Applicants seeking age relaxation under the category of Original Jammu & Kashmir residents during the insurgency period from January 01, 1980 to Dec. 31, 1989, are required to submit a domicile certificate issued by District Jurisdiction or any authorized body of Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir during the interview process.