Common Admission Test or CAT is one among the toughest examinations conducted by IIM for seeking admission to MBA courses. The examination is all set to be conducted on November 25, 2018. Pertaining to the exam, the Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Calcutta will be releasing the CAT Admit Card on October 24, 2018.
The scores secured in the CAT examination deem as an important eligibility criterion in seeking admission in top B-Schools and IIMs across the country. The examination will be conducted in 147 cities across different states.
CAT Admission process 2018
The eligibility criteria and admission process for each IIM are subject to differ from one another. However, all candidates who wish to gain admission in IIM institutes across the country are required to take up the CAT 2018 examination. Other criteria for availing admission to IIM include aggregate marks obtained in graduation level and work experience.
The Release of Admit Card for CAT 2018
Every year the Admit Card is released at least 31 days prior to the examination. This year it is scheduled to be released on October 24, 2018. However, as per reports, there can be a delay in the release of admit card. According to experts, the admit card in the year 2017 was released just 7 days after the official date of release.
The hall ticket was scheduled for October 18, 2017, and was released on October 25, 2017, by the IIM Lucknow. Thus, in case the admit card is not released in the mentioned date, candidates are advised not to panic. An official notification will be released on the website in case of delay.
Downloading of Admit Card
The admit card will be available to download from October 24th from 1 PM till November 25th. Candidates can download the admit card by visiting the official website of the university at https://iimcat.ac.in/.
The steps for downloading the admit card for CAT examination is as follows:
- Visit the official website of IIM at iimcat.ac.in
- Click on the CAT 2018 Admit Card Link
- Fill in your application number and password
- Click on Submit Button
- The admit card will be projected on a screen
- Check the entire details
- Download and take a printout of the Admit Card
- Corrections in Admit Card
Candidates must ensure to check the entire details mentioned in the Admit Card. However, in case of any error or information that deviates the one mentioned in the application form, the candidates can contact the CAT authorities and get the error amended.
Some important details that candidates must ensure to follow are:
- All candidates must carry the Admit card along with them to the exam hall. On the admit card must be pasted a passport size photograph of the candidate as identity proof.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any other items with them apart from the admit card. Pen and notepad will be provided at the test centres.
- PWD candidates will be allotted additional facilities, which must be mentioned by the candidate at the time of the registration process itself.
- Candidates are advised to download the admit card well in advance to the examination and not wait till the last day of examination.
- In case of any error regarding the candidate details mentioned can be rectified by contacting the CAT officials.
- No changes will be amended on the day of examination at the examination centre.
- Strict biometric and document verification will be conducted at each CAT examination centres on the day of the exam.
- Aspirants are supposed to wear comfortable clothes on the day of exams.
- They can wear footwear/ sandals or shoes in which their toes are visible.