The PS Blog Game of the Year 2021 is now open. These awards have been largely driven by players choosing, so vote for their favourite PlayStation game of the year. All 16 categories recognise the best of PlayStation through 2021, with PS4, PS5 and VR to celebrate great games, captivating new characters, fantastic soundtracks, graphical performances, and many more.
The categories and nominees of everyone in the country have certain rules. Those new years happen this year:
- Every category includes a writing-in option in case there is a title that you don’t think should be considered.
- Due to the date of the polls closing, some titles are not eligible for inclusion. They will be eligible for a nominee selection in the next year.
- Although most of the other categories were the best Multiplayer Experience: It’s focused on the released titles in 2021, and recognises multiplayer-centric games that have seen significant new content or game-changing updates over the past year (such as Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker).
- There are numerous games scheduled for this month. Some players have launch dates, others haven’t officially confirmed the names of the games yet. Let’s compare the title for the most anticipated game of 2022 and beyond with games that have official titles.
- Best Release is a new category that recognizes re-engineers and remakes. Qualifying titles offer many improvement features like improved performance, graphic upgrades and much more.
- If a title wins a Platinum in one of the prior years, it isn’t eligible for inclusion in the same category this year.